Saturday, August 10, 2013

Northern Stranglethorn Rare Spawns

There are a total of seven rares that can be found in Northern Stranglethorn, three of which are tamable.

These three tamable rares are also rather unique, as they are all neutral mobs and each have their own title representing a different element. Pogeyan (pictured on the right), is <The Fire Spirit> and has a completely unique look. He spawns just west of the Tkashi Ruins and is incredibly hard to miss when he's up - he's GINORMOUS.

Pogeyan also happens to be one of my absolute favorite hunter pets. He was the first unique pet that I tamed on my night elf hunter right when she hit level 28. I still use this pretty kitty today, and I make sure any new hunters I create have him. <3

Tsul'Kalu, the massive white gorilla, represents earth as <The Earth Spirit>. He even has an earth shield floating around him. Unfortunately he doesn't retain it once tamed. He spawns directly east of where Pogeyan can be found, just across the path. He shares the same look as only one other gorilla in game, and that is Uhk'loc, a rare in Un'goro Crater.

Representing water, is Mahamba <The Water Spirit>. Mahamba is a very large crocolisk that spawns on the shore just north of the Ventire Co. Base Camp. He is probably about ten times the size as the other crocolisks in the area; you really can't miss him if he's up.

Click map to Enlarge
Here are some screenshots of each of these rares in order by level. (Click on pictures to enlarge them.)
Gluggl, Roloch, High Priestess Hai'watna & Mahamba
Pogeyan, Tsul'Kalu & Mogh the Dead
All of these rares can be added to NPCScan. You can simply cut and paste this macro in game to add all of them automatically:

/npcscan add 14487 Gluggl
/npcscan add 14488 Roloch
/npcscan add 11383 High Priestess Hai'watna
/npcscan add 51662 Mahamba
/npcscan add 51663 Pogeyan
/npcscan add 51661 Tsul'Kalu
/npcscan add 51683 Mogh the Dead

8 comments:

  1. I always want what I can't have. I wish I could have a Murloc Hunter pet. Might be for the best though, all that mgrlllmgrlrrr sound might be too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find NPCScan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten the cat and the gorilla now I'm trying for the croc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for broadening my horizon. I did not know of these rares and were so proud when i tamed Sin’Dall earlier this evening. Gotta go back :)

    ReplyDelete